Monday, April 22, 2019

Day Three

Today the kids had the day off from school for an inservice day, but my daughter was having a track meet and I was going to be one of the drivers.  But it became very apparent after getting up that I was in no condition to drive.  Yesterday I must have pushed it a little bit too hard, because the spasms of Saturday started to kick in throughout the morning, so I called my supervisor and told her that I couldn't do it...it just was not safe for me to drive.  I also told her that tomrrow morning she had better find somebody as well. 

I did try going to the office, but that was too much for me and so I came home within an hour.  By late morning the spasms were getting worse, and so after lunch I deicided to crawl back into bed, where I've been for much of the rest of the day, except for when I've had to get up and pee and poop.  Oh, about that...the spasms also have the effect of loosening my bowels, and I've had to sit on the toilet 5 times today.  Even if just tiny poops come out, they still have to come out.  This just keeps getting better and better. 

I really don't get too excited about old age...when I see myself in the mirror walking like an old person, I wonder about them: do they walk like that just because they are slow, or because their backs are in constant torment?  I gave my wife permission the other night to smother me if I ever get to the point that I never get better someday when I get old. 

Maybe tomorrow I"ll go back to just being sore...I can live with that.