Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Me-ism

It's not Islam that is the danger to Christianity in the United States.  It's not Buddhism, or atheism, or agnosticism.  Me-ism is the greatest threat to the Christian faith in the 21st century. 

Me-ism holds to three absolutes. 
-1)Follow your heart.  The heart knows what it wants, and anything is acceptable if it makes me happy.  Sure, it sucks if other people get hurt, or even if I do something 'wrong' in the eyes of moralists.  But I deserve happiness, and I'll get it. 
-2)Don't judge me.  Who are you to tell me what's wrong and wrong?  I'll do what I want, and you do what you want, and only if our own desires conflict is there a problem.  And if that happens, then, step aside.  Get out of me.  And I'll do the same for you, if it's convenient for me. 
-3)The only deity worth mentioning is my own me-ity.  There is no higher judge to my life than me.  I answer to me, and nobody else.  I am the center of this universe.  I determine my destiny. 

Me-ists are found everywhere today.  They are found in churches, in schools, in almost every family alive.  Few would describe themselves as this way, but by their fruits you know them.  They are winning the culture war, and God help us all if they continue to prevail.