Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thursday

I struggle to write on Thursdays.  Since I started to write again this year, it seems like Thursdays are always the ones where either I skip or I just throw up something that I don't really think about, thus violating the premise of this blog.  Like this tonight.  After driving the bus and working at the church office for at least 12 hours total, I really don't have much on my mind, except for the desire to finish off watching Russian Doll before I fall asleep. 

The premise of this show is that two people keep dying again and again, returning to the same instant.  Since I haven't gotten to the big reveal yet, I don't know what happens...but the worldview of this show, much like Groundhog Day, is that we keep returning to square one.  Perhaps we have a bit more knowledge, but nothing really changes unless we are the change. 

Maybe Thursday is the end of my cycle...or the start of a new one, in which I am refreshed and ready to go.  For some that's the weekend, but I'm a Thursday night/Friday morning change.  Tomorrow I finish my sermons for Sunday, and have times of rest and refreshment.  Thus tonight I have to die, to end the week, to complete the cycle.  Tomorrow life begins anew.