Tuesday, February 26, 2019

At least...

Today is another cold, grey day.  I'm exhausted by how long this winter has seemed to be, though likely it's not really much different than any other.  As I get older I am becoming far more intolerant of winter.  I turn 50 in a few years, and I look at RVs and think about becoming one of those people who parks amongst other RVs in south Texas for three months a year. 

But in the last few days baseball spring training games have begun in Arizona and Florida.  Somewhere there are people sitting out on a bright sunny 70 degree afternoon watching millionaires get into shape and hopeful rookies desperately trying to make their mark.  It's a glorious ritual of the American spring.  Though I can't be there for it, I can imagine it.  And so at least there's that.