Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I need a nap

We just finished a four-day weekend in which the schools were out, and while I worked at the church it was nice to be down to one job besides my family obligations. 

But today I'm very, very tired.  Forecasters are calling for 3-5 inches of snow later this afternoon into tonight, which means that we are most likely going to have our third weather day of the year.  As a parent, I wish my kids were in school as they need to learn, be around friends, and not have an excuse to be lazy.  But I'm also happy because wintertime is a time of rest, getting us ready for the summer.

Ah, summer.  The time when I don't feel cold all the time...I wish it were here, even now.  As I get older I hate winter more and more.  Being cold is never enjoyable, but I'm more cranky as I get older.  Summer can't get here soon enough. 

Summer may still be months away, but the promise of rest is drawing close.  Thank you, Lord .