Thursday, January 10, 2019

Party in the USA, annotated

The week is dragging along, and if I drank coffee I would have downed my 4th cup by now.  But I don't need it...'cuz I got Miley Cyrus and Party in the USA freely available on YouTube.  Wooo!  Let's roll the tape!


0:04:  Um, I'm guessing nobody over the age of 25 is going to be in this video
0:09:  Good parties start with everybody parking in their proper spots.
0:19:  If Trump builds the wall, illegals will still be getting into Miley Cyrus videos in the trunks of cars.
0:29:  That's the wave of 'Hey, I see you, I'll just keep walking, OK?'
0:44:  Um, Miley dear, that's a speaker, not a microphone.
0:52:  Neck cramp!  Neck cramp!
1:22:  Why you singing about your girls not being around you?  They were just in the video like 12 seconds ago?
1:40:  'MERICA!  WOO!
1:49:  "What did you do in the video?"  "I was the guy feeding the confetti into the blower."  "Did you get paid for that?"  "Nah, but they had a really nice buffet on the set."
2:06:  Just hit me that she's singing but there's nobody there.  Not much of a party in the USA or anywhere else.
2:14:  Safety warning...dancing on jungle gyms is not a recommended use by the manufacturer.  Warranty becomes void through misuse.
2:18:  Five years earlier everybody in this video would have been more interested in playing on that jungle gym.  My, how the kids grow up.
2:30:  USA!  USA!
2:34:  Gotta admire the ethnic diversity of Miley's background dancers.  Miley is the American Dream.
2:59:  Parkour was a big thing around 2009, I think.  I'm guessing one too many flips where a dude landed on his head and it probably died out.
3:13:  For about the 6th time in this video the old guy in me is starting to worry about safety violations in this video.  Break dancing on a rickety picnic table?  Maybe Miley faded because she spent the next five years fending off liability lawsuits.