Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Being Right

Today an old college friend of mine posted onto Facebook one of those White Conservative Male whine articles about how unfair everything is against Trump and his cronies.  I have no sympathy for any of these people, but that's not what this is about. 

Instead, it's a confession that I simply can't shut my own mouth when I need to stay silent.  At the end of the day, the foolishness of this article is likely apparent to anybody not delusional, and those who are delusional and will lap it up won't be convinced by anything I say. 

Yet I still had to say something.  I justified having to give somebody a piece of my mind.  I had to convince them of how Right I think that I am.  This is pure arrogance, but my failure as a Christian is sometimes still so shocking that it requires me to confess my failures. I don't know that I will really learn from this...but maybe being conscious of these things will help me in the future.