Thursday, May 30, 2019

Vote For Summer

"See, with me, it will be summer all year long.  Vote for Summer!"  

Summer is now here. The kids have been out of school for a week, we've already had a nice mini-vacation, and any day that it doesn't get into the 80s now seems like a day that is wasted.  We're quite excited to be here, you know...having 21 inches of rain this month (the same length as my daughter when she was born) is now making us appreciate these blue skies and heat.

Of course, summer also will soon mean HOT.  And we've already determined that our air conditioner probably isn't going to make it through another summer, so we are already getting ready to have a new air conditioner here in the midwest.  There's another $5000 bucks down the drain.  Not long and we'll be tired of the sun, praying for more rain, sick of the mosquitos and the sunburn and the joys of going from the icebox to the over.

But let's be thankful, everybody.  Summer isn't my favorite, season, that would be fall.  But I'm excited to not drive my bus regularly for a few months, I'm glad that the kids can relax, and I am fired up for some other little short trips (no big ones this year after buying a new bed, windows, and a/c).  Yep, I'm glad that summer is here.  Vote for summer!