Thursday, May 2, 2019

My Baseball Post for 2019.

So...the Royals suck again.  A bit over a month into the season, they are now at 11-20, and that's with Alex Gordon having a late-career resurgence, Alberto Mondesi being the next big thing, and Hunter Dozier having one of the best OPSs in baseball.  Even the starting pitching has not been terrible, as they've put together a number of quality starts, and Ian Kennedy looking like his transition to the bullpen was a great idea. 

Yet they still suck, and this has been against mostly bad teams.  And people aren't coming out to watch...yesterday they had a doubleheader against the the Rays in which something like 500 people showed up (announced attendance, 11K)

I guess this is the karmic price for the Royals winning the World Series in 2019...once in a generation we do something amazing, but most of the rest of the time we are consigned to misery.  Is this a good thing?  I suppose it's better to be the best once and really bad the rest of the time than it is to be good much of the time but never the best?  Which is best for my sports fandom? 

I still have the MLB app on my phone with the Royals set to my favorite team, and that will never change.  Who really wants to jump on a Dodgers bandwagon at this point?  Ugh.  But I guess we are stuck with the curse of suck until I am well into my retirement years. 

We'll always have 2015, though.