Sunday, May 19, 2019

Thinking about a nap

Sunday afternoon, wife and kids have cleared out to go to a movie, I'm home alone for a few hours by myself.  It's been another long week doing church work and driving a school bus and yesterday I took an hours nap and today might do the same.  I never did much in the way of naps until a few years ago, and now they are some of my favorite things on earth. 

I am starting to appreciate the idea of getting older physically.  There will come a day in which people will look at me in my decrepitness and say, oh, he's old, he can't do as much.  And part of me will be offended, and part of me will be glad that they decide to lift up that box instead of thinking that I will do it.  I've always said that I want to keep working as long as I can, because I would be bored otherwise...but sitting around and falling asleep as I watch crap cable news holds a certain kind of appeal.

As does being arrogantly set in my ways!  Yep, I'm also looking forward to that time when I think I've seen it all and done it all and will grumble about 'these kids' and 'liberals' and 'dadgum gadgets' that I can't easily use.  I'll still think Angry Birds was the best app ever created and Arbys makes the best sandwiches and America is the Greatest Place On Earth, and nothing will be able to tell me otherwise. 

Yep, I think it's about time for a nap today.  Many more to come.