Friday, March 22, 2019

A Tale of Two Alternators

A few weeks ago my truck broke down...just an alternator for a 20-year old truck, no big deal for my really good mechanic, but still a bit traumatic at the time. 

Yesterday morning I go out to my bus, turn the key, and...nothing.  Our mechanic puts the charger on it while I borrow another bus to run my route, but I come back later and he says that the battery was OK, it was the...alternator!  Yep, my 20-year-old school bus broke down in the exact same way as my 20-year old pickup did within the same month. 

Is that eerie?  Is it coincidence?  Do alternators have a time limit and once they are done, they are DONE? 

The skeptic in me knows that there's nothing related at all in these things.  But the 'there's something interconnected in all things' looks at this and goes WHOA...that's so bizarre.  It's like when I am doing something and I suddenly have a flashback that I dreamed of such a thing a few nights previously?  Was my mind just getting ready for the activity, or did the paths of time and universe cross in such a way that my head got messed up by it all? 

It's the end of the week and my brain is full.