Friday, May 9, 2014

"Hi, God!"

The other night our family was eating out on the back porch, and we could tell that off to the west a storm was brewing up and headed our way.  Our 6-year old son finished his meal about the time we heard the first thunder.  "What's that?"  We knew that he knew it was thunder, but I said, "It's God clapping for you."  He thought about it for a second, and then looked up into the sky.  "Hi, God!"  And for the next five minutes he carried on a conversation with God.  He showed off his beaded necklace (don't ask) that he had gotten for a scavenger hunt, danced around the yard, and occasionally would talk to the sky.

It was a beautiful thing to watch.

And he took a child and put him in the midst of them, and taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me." (Mark 9:36-37 ESV)