Saturday, November 7, 2020

Old Preacher's Story, Revised

 A mother knocks on her son's door, then slowly enters.  "It's time to get up!  You've got to get to work."  

"I'm so tired!  I was up half the night watching cable news and talking to all my friends on the Twitter."  

"That doesn't matter.  You have to get up, the morning is half over."

"Well, if I have to get up, can I at least go play golf today?"  

"No!  You have to get to work.  Lots of people are counting on you."

"But mom!  I hate those people.  And half of them hate me.  They talk about how bad I am at my job and how I'm a really terrible person."

"Get out there and prove them wrong then.  Do what's right.  Think about other people besides yourself for once."

"What about what I want?  That's the only thing that really matters!"

"Donald, you are the Presdient of the United States.  Get up, and don't make me come in here again."  



And...scene!